Samples don't work with Vs2003 looks like

Subject: Samples don't work with Vs2003 looks like
From: "Bob"
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 12:37:20 -0500
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
New to this stuff so please bear with me.
Previous problem was I did not have VC++ installed on my machine. Added it
and Appdefintion was found on openening solution in Vs2003. It had to be
converted to Version for VS2003, did that. Started the
msRealtorInstanceService in serveices. It started OK. Then tried to add a
subscription by starting the VS program in the IDE. Got error message
Metadata file 'd:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server Notification
could not be opened -- 'Version 2.0 is not a compatible version.'
 I have sql server notification services version 2 SP1 installed on this
What do I need to do to get this sh... to work?

Any help would be appreciated.