Re: API or stored procedures....which is better

Subject: Re: API or stored procedures....which is better
From: Joe Webb
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 16:43:23 -0600
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
For v2.0, the *only* supported way to management subscription data is
via the API. There are lots of dynamically created views that cover
the base tables so accessing those tables directly or via sprocs is
not supported.

For 2005, we have been given the ability to use some view to
management subscriptions.

I've blogged about each of these scenarios here.

Creating Subscribers in v2.0

Creating Subscribers in 2005

Joe Webb
SQL Server MVP