Re: Problem with Windows Server 2003 SP1

Subject: Re: Problem with Windows Server 2003 SP1
From: "kate"
Date: 2 Jan 2006 14:56:47 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
Dear Hilda

We have seen this problem before on a sporadic basis and even raised an
incident with Microsoft , but they were never able to resolve it.

the "Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation." Comes
from a failed call to CDOSYS when they have not passed back the
underlying exception details so we dont know why the call failed.

The only suggestion i can make is to start the local SMTP mail server
on the NS box and set it to relay to your main mail server. Then point
NS to use the local SMTP server.

Let us know how you get on

Kate Patterson MBCS