Re: General Question

Subject: Re: General Question
From: "David Gugick"
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 13:52:53 -0500
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
Robby Tanner wrote:
> Are notifications what I use to have the server notify attached
> clients of certain events?
> Essentially I want clients to register interest in certain DB events.
> When they happen, the server is to notify all registered clients.
> Regards,
> Rob

You can use Notification Services for what you want, but maybe what you need
is alerting. See "Monitoring and Responding to Events" in SQL2005 BOL for
informtion on alerts and "SQL Server Notification Services Samples" for more
information on the types of things you can do with Notification Services.

David Gugick
Quest Software