Prob with rights on samples setup

Subject: Prob with rights on samples setup
From: "g"
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 07:47:41 -0500
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
Hi,
I am running the (SQL Server 2000 Notification) SetupSamples.cmd as follows:

SetupSamples.cmd "myDomain\myUsername" "myPassword" myPCName

and get this error:
... (preceding omitted as seemed to work ok)
Granting rights...
Running OSQL with the following flags:  -SmyPCName -E
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL
Server\80\Tools\Binn\osql.exe"  -SmyPCName -E -i
"C:\DOCUME~1\myUsername\LOCALS~1\Temp\GrantXpExec.tmp" >
C:\DOCUME~1\myUsername\LOCALS~1\Tem
p\GrantXpExec.out
Enter the password for the SQL Server administrator:
[DBNETLIB]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.
[DBNETLIB]ConnectionOpen (Connect()).
Granting rights failed.
SetupSamples was unsuccessful.

I have tried to enter the "sa" password and my password. I'm a local admin
and I can connect to my SQL database using my Windows account. Everything is
local (Windows XP). I have tried this with Windows-only SQL Server security
and with both Windows and SQL Server security.
Any ideas?
thanks in advance...gary...