Getting delivery confirmation

Subject: Getting delivery confirmation
From: "Bob"
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 11:59:52 -0500
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
I'm at the first stages of trying to use Notification services with sql
server 2000 to deliver phone messages with an outbound phone calling
application. So at this stage I'm doing a lot of reading and searching
before I actually start coding. I do know one requirement of my project is
that the company using it will want to know, who was called, when and did
they answer the phone and accept the message. I also know that they don't
want to try more than 3 call attempts and they want to know , by looking at
the database how many attempts were made, at what time each was made and
which one succeeded or failed and why (line busy or other reasons). I have a
table structure set up in an existing database that I can populate with that
info but nowhere did I see in the docs regarding notification services any
definition of events or whatever that is included to give you feedback
notifications of success or failure of message delivery. Does this exist or
is it something that I will have to find a way to do myself?

Thanks for any info.

Bob