Installation Error - "The database components require a qualified.

Subject: Installation Error - "The database components require a qualified.
From: "Cat Wakefield"
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 03:13:03 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
Hi,

I'm attempting to install Notifcation services database components on our
SQL server, in preparation for installing Business Scorecard Manager.

The server is Windows Server 2003 SP1 with SQL 2000 SP4. When i try to
install the database components of Notification services i get the error:

"The database components require a qualified version of SQL Server on the
machine".

I have followed the instructions on this MS article:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;829091 and copied a
fresh SP4 copy of Sqdedev.dll to the server, even though it already existed
there.

I also found an article stating that it sometimes didn't work unless you had
.NET Framework 2.0, so i have also upgraded to this - still no luck.

I'm really stumped on this - can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.