Any way to configure ns not to run again to avaoid dupes

Subject: Any way to configure ns not to run again to avaoid dupes
From: R.D
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2006 23:29:03 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
Hi
we received duplicate notifications not because of maching rules but because
of a
strange proble.
The Ns started events generation. But it was stopped before the
notifications are generated. Again It was restarted resulting NS to generate
events again.Now It has processed  all the events resulting in duplicates.

Can any one help me how I can go about it.

The best solution appears to me is to use unique key( natural key) on events
chronicle. But that is not acceptable to client for valid reasons.

I am told that there is a configuration setting in ADF to prevent ns to
produce events till notifications are generated.

Thanks in advance.
--
Regards
R.D