Re: Scheduling delivery of messages

Subject: Re: Scheduling delivery of messages
From: "Andy Wilbourn"
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 07:17:37 -0500
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
We had a somewhat similar situation for sending to multiple devices and
thought posting our solution may be helpful to others. We wanted to deliver
messages to our subscribers on two types of devices with one subscription.
Instead of trying to keep two subscriptions in sync that have the
appropriate device linked to them, we created our own table that links
subscriptions to devices. We join to that table when we run our event match
logic. So for each device they select each receives a notification on the
one subscriptions. Our management class we wrote handles adding and
removing.

We are using SQL 2005 NS so the new views make it nice to work with data at
a T-SQL level, but we are using the NS API's to do most of the work.

This is working well for us. Hopefully this helps generate ideas for others.

news:[email protected]