Samples not working

Subject: Samples not working
From: "Bob"
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 12:04:31 -0500
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
I installed notification services for sql 2000 on a win xp pro SP1 box with
sql2000 developper edition.
The installation went fine. Then I ran setupSamples SetupSamples
MyComputerName\MyDomain\MyUser" "MyPassword" MyComputerName

(Myuser on Mydomain is the way I normally logon to this machine). I then
open the samples folder and double click on the realtor.sln file. I have
vs2005 and vs2003 installed on this machine and it tries to open it with
vs2005. I cancel that, go bcak to select vs2003 ide find the solution file
and open it. I get a message saying  The application for project "the path
to Appdefintion.vcproj is not installed. Make sure the application for the
project type (.vcproj) is installed.

What gives? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bob