Re: Question about event generation on insert/update/delete

Subject: Re: Question about event generation on insert/update/delete
From: Joe Webb
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 21:04:33 -0600
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
I completely misread your original post. Sorry about that.

As I understand it, you question is how to recognize changes in a
database table so that these changes can become events for the SQLNS
instance, right?

If that's the case, the you can use 3 or 4 part names to reference the
table that will be the source of your events. In your SQL Server Event
Provider, write a query that can be used to identify changes in the
table. You can use views that cover the table to assist. You can also
use Chronicle tables in the SQLNS app to keep track of the records
you've already recognized.

There's another possibility, too. There are some sprocs available in
the SQLNS database that you may be able to call from with a trigger on
your data database to submit event info.

HTH...

--
Joe Webb
SQL Server MVP