Re: Is this the right place?

Subject: Re: Is this the right place?
From: Joe Webb
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 20:56:22 -0600
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
Hi Robby -

>Is it?  If not, what other mechanisms are available to signal client apps of
>sundry DB goings-on?
Given the 5 sentence description in your original post - as good as
they are - I wouldn't hazard a recommendation; it's just not enough
info. However, from the sounds of it I suspect that SQL Dependency may
be a better option for you.

>I have no idea what that means.  Where would I learn more?
ms-help://MS.SQLCC.v9/MS.SQLSVR.v9.en/sqlntsv9/html/01fb3263-0876-4058-b7c1-2aa24ba39e7d.htm
Additionally Shyam Pather's bood has a section on it if memory serves
me (I don't have it in front of me at the moment). It's written for
v2.0, but many of the same concepts should apply.

>SQL Server 2005
Then SQLDependency is an option for you.

HTH...

--
Joe Webb
SQL Server MVP