Re: nscontrol update on SQL 2005 never ends

Subject: Re: nscontrol update on SQL 2005 never ends
From: "Diane Larsen [MSFT]"
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 13:59:25 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
It can take several minutes to update an instance. This is not a great
experience. The reason is known (it has to do with some lower-level code
used by NS), and bugs have been filed.

Let it run for several minutes. It should complete. (It has every time for

When using SQL Server Managment Studio, I often multitask and don't realize
that a secondary window has popped up that requires me to click OK. I
thought I should mention that.

Diane Larsen [MSFT]
Technical Writer
SQL Server User Education