modified sample app, NS2005, but will not load events

Subject: modified sample app, NS2005, but will not load events
From: "msnews.microsoft.com"
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 10:56:19 -0600
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
I have looked for other messages to help me track down my problem here.
Thanks to Joe, Kate, and others for posting good info. I used the verbose
logging feature to help me track this down.

Basically I modified the Newsletter sample app. I have the new instance and
app config files working and created my instance. I'm trying to submit a
modified event xml file to the <events> subdirectory. The filewatcher
correctly picks it up but no notification comes out. By setting the
EventCollector logging level to 4 (verbose) I have discovered one
difference. The sample generates 3 events, my modified NSapp generates 4.
The difference is an event that reports"The EventLoader object found no
events in the given file or stream." This is the next to last event of 4,
the last one goes back to the filesystemwatcher and reports that it
submitted events but the count of events is zero.

I've also tried some other verbose logging. Wow, the generator is busy. Too
much information. Oh, and of course I learned that the config settings are
only applied when you restart the instance. Tried EventProvider too, no
event log entries for that switch.

So, I'm keying in on the EventLoader object. I looked up the
EventLoader.LoadXML method and realize that the two inputs of concern are
the xml document and the xsd schema. Here are my two modified files that
don't seem to want to get loaded into the application database. First xml
and then xsd:
<EventData>
    <Event>
        <Location>DeForest</Location>
        <RequestType>Radio</RequestType>
        <Severity>Critical</Severity>
    </Event>
</EventData>
<xsd:schema xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema";
xmlns:sql="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:mapping-schema">
 <xsd:element name="event" sql:relation="EquipmentEvents">
  <xsd:complexType>
   <xsd:sequence>
    <xsd:element name="Location" type="xsd:string" />
    <xsd:element name="RequestType" type="xsd:string" />
    <xsd:element name="Severity" type="xsd:string" />
   </xsd:sequence>
  </xsd:complexType>
 </xsd:element>
</xsd:schema>

If anyone has other tips for troubleshooting this problem, mucho gracias.
And if I get it figured out, I will post it.
Bill