NS & Email - what am I doing wrong?

Subject: NS & Email - what am I doing wrong?
Date: 8 Dec 2005 07:15:51 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
OK - new guy here - following the tutorials, I've modified them to
reflect my application's basic needs, and the notifications are coming
to the htm file fine.  I've now added a delivery channel, and updated
myself (the only subscriber) and my device to be using the email
delivery channel.  When I test the event and it attempts to mail, I see
this in the DistributionLog table.....

The e-mail address or SMTP server value is not valid.
SMTP Server: 123.12.12.123
Message Recipients:

....where 123.12.12.123 is the IP address of the in house SMTP gateway
that I'm using.  This SMTP IP works with Database Mail, which is also
set up on my PC.  Note here that my email address doesn't follow
"Message Recipients" and I'm not sure why.  I'm the only subscriber,
and I thought my email would show up here.  Below are excerpts from my
ICF and ADF....any ideas?

ICF

    <DeliveryChannel>
      <DeliveryChannelName>SMTPServer01</DeliveryChannelName>
      <ProtocolName>SMTP</ProtocolName>
      <Arguments>
        <Argument>
          <Name>SmtpServer</Name>
          <Value>123.12.12.123</Value>
        </Argument>
        <Argument>
          <Name>Bod oding</Name>
          <Value>utf-16</Value>
        </Argument>
      </Arguments>
    </DeliveryChannel>

ADF

        <Protocol>
          <ProtocolName>SMTP</ProtocolName>
          <Fields>
            <Field>
              <FieldName>Subject</FieldName>
              <SqlExpression>N'Your Notification'</SqlExpression>
            </Field>
            <Field>
              <FieldName>From</FieldName>
              <SqlExpression>N'[email protected]'</SqlExpression>
            </Field>
            <Field>
              <FieldName>To</FieldName>
              <FieldReference>DeviceAddress</FieldReference>
            </Field>
            <Field>
              <FieldName>Priority</FieldName>
              <SqlExpression>N'Normal'</SqlExpression>
            </Field>
            <Field>
              <FieldName>BodyFormat</FieldName>
              <SqlExpression>N'&quot;html&quot;'</SqlExpression>
            </Field>
          </Fields>
          <ProtocolExecutionSettings>
            <RetrySchedule>