microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
[Top] [All Lists]

Re: modified sample app, NS2005, but will not load events

Subject: Re: modified sample app, NS2005, but will not load events
From: "msnews.microsoft.com"
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 11:29:48 -0600
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
Ahh, so simple. I matched the case in the event.xml file, then all is well.
---------------------------
<EventData>
  <Event>

had to be changed to

<eventData>
   <event>
etc.
-------------------------------
"msnews.microsoft.com" <[email protected]> wrote in message 
news:[email protected]
>I have looked for other messages to help me track down my problem here. 
>Thanks to Joe, Kate, and others for posting good info. I used the verbose 
>logging feature to help me track this down.
>
> Basically I modified the Newsletter sample app. I have the new instance 
> and app config files working and created my instance. I'm trying to submit 
> a modified event xml file to the <events> subdirectory. The filewatcher 
> correctly picks it up but no notification comes out. By setting the 
> EventCollector logging level to 4 (verbose) I have discovered one 
> difference. The sample generates 3 events, my modified NSapp generates 4. 
> The difference is an event that reports"The EventLoader object found no 
> events in the given file or stream." This is the next to last event of 4, 
> the last one goes back to the filesystemwatcher and reports that it 
> submitted events but the count of events is zero.
>
> I've also tried some other verbose logging. Wow, the generator is busy. 
> Too much information. Oh, and of course I learned that the config settings 
> are only applied when you restart the instance. Tried EventProvider too, 
> no event log entries for that switch.
>
> So, I'm keying in on the EventLoader object. I looked up the 
> EventLoader.LoadXML method and realize that the two inputs of concern are 
> the xml document and the xsd schema. Here are my two modified files that 
> don't seem to want to get loaded into the application database. First xml 
> and then xsd:
> -----------------------------------------
> <EventData>
>    <Event>
>        <Location>DeForest</Location>
>        <RequestType>Radio</RequestType>
>        <Severity>Critical</Severity>
>    </Event>
> </EventData>
> -------------------------------------------
> <xsd:schema xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"; 
> xmlns:sql="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:mapping-schema">
> <xsd:element name="event" sql:relation="EquipmentEvents">
>  <xsd:complexType>
>   <xsd:sequence>
>    <xsd:element name="Location" type="xsd:string" />
>    <xsd:element name="RequestType" type="xsd:string" />
>    <xsd:element name="Severity" type="xsd:string" />
>   </xsd:sequence>
>  </xsd:complexType>
> </xsd:element>
> </xsd:schema>
> -----------------------------------------
>
> If anyone has other tips for troubleshooting this problem, mucho gracias.
> And if I get it figured out, I will post it.
> Bill
> 



<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>