Re: Email confirmation? Bounced email? What to do?

Subject: Re: Email confirmation? Bounced email? What to do?
Date: 12 Dec 2005 16:11:19 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
I can see how the subscriber management interface could add them as a
disabled subscriber, but then how to manage the email of the link,
enabling, etc.?  Should I create just another notification application,
just to track & notify new subscribers with their confirmation link?
So for example, I would have one NS instance & two NS applications.
One application is for my actual business need.  The other is simply a
new subscriber app.  The user signs up for a subscription to what they
think is the business app, but behind the scenes, I actually add them
to my "new subscriber" app.  This addition triggers a confirmation
email to the other app.???? Sorry - I'm more of a DB guy, not
applicaiton, or programming.  But I appreciate any help you could
offer.

My management is mainly concerned about 1) subscriber management & 2)
bandwidth/bad & expired emails