Re: Operator, dial 911 please

Subject: Re: Operator, dial 911 please
From: Joe Webb
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2005 09:25:23 -0600
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
Although the term "notification services" sounds like the appropriate
newsgroup, you'll have more luck in the
microsoft.public.sqlserver.server newsgroup. This group is dedicated
to SQL Server Notification Services, an add-on to SQL Server 2000 and
an integrated part of SQL Server 2005.

I can tell you that in teaching the 2072 class (SQL Server 2000
Administration) I occassionally see issues with configuring operators
to receive alerts. Usually, reseting the SQL Server Agent and SQL
Server service to use the same, appropriately configured log on
creditials resolves the issue. I say resetting, but they are already
configured correctly, however it doesn't work. Setting them again,
seems to resolve it.

HTH...

--
Joe Webb