Re: nscontrol update on SQL 2005 never ends

Subject: Re: nscontrol update on SQL 2005 never ends
From: "Vince Sefcik"
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 16:01:46 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
Thanks, Diane.  I did as you suggested and the update did finally complete,
after seventeen (17) minutes!  I sure hope the bugs are addressed soon,
because it would be grief to have to wait this long just to have the
compiler report a minor typographical error in a Select statement.

I think I may have to look at an alternative development process.  I have a
VB.NET program that exports and imports all Subscribers and Subscriptions.
So, I might just have to update the program to also export and import my
chron tables and then use nscontrol delete/create (with an export prior to
the delete and an import after the create) instead of nscontrol update.
This will probably keep me going until the bug fix is available.  I
certainly would like to know if a patch will be available before Service
Pack 1 is released.

Again, thanks for your help.

news:%[email protected]