Re: Building Dynamic NS Service Application ?

Subject: Re: Building Dynamic NS Service Application ?
From: Joe Webb
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 08:13:10 -0600
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
Which version of SQLNS are you using? v2.0 with SQL Server 2000
doesn't have the concept of user-defined rules. You can approximate it
to some extent by creating a bunch of optional fields as described in
this thread:

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs/browse_thread/thread/1937323c4b8361fd/92bb28d6a17e2139?q=optional&rnum=2#92bb28d6a17e2139
If you are using SQLNS 2005, you have the ability to create Condition
Actions that allow users to essentially create the where clause of the
match rule.

Also, you can add applications to the ICF by including a new
Application element in the Applications node and then updating the
instance.

HTH...

--
Joe Webb