Modifying the design of NS

Subject: Modifying the design of NS
From: R.D
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 01:52:02 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
Hi All
I Wonder to see a Notification Services application that does not use Notify
function.
The NotificationsGenerate sproc which is used by the sql provider direcly
inserts into another table and these notifications are sent using dbmail. I
am new here and the reason that is given by my predecessor is that NS does
not have capacity to send notifications in different times.( But that has
been clarified by webb and Kate that it is possible)

Another anomoly I found is that Notifications Chronicle and Events Chronicle
which are configured in adf has thousands of rows. These two tables are used
to compare the present value with previous value.

I am almost convinced that The notification services is underutilised as it
is used only to run sprocs regulary( as no notify and no delivery)

Now I am planning to design an elegant model for that using the full
capacity of NS

The requirement is like this:

Data is staged( fetched) into NsInstanceDatabase and This data uses an
unique Key
to generate events.(We already have an exe for this. and I am not planning
to change)

These events are classified to be two types : Transaction Based and
Threshold Based

Transaction Based events are triggered when even they occur.(like birth days)
Threshold base events are triggered when even it reaches the threshold(say
your spend has reached 90% budget)

I would like bunch all the notifications pertaining to all applications and
send one notification regulary( monthly,quartely,daily as choosen by the
subscriber)

I would also like to use Notify function and also capacity of NS to send
mails.

This is simplied version of application.

Any idea on design will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance
R.D

--
Regards