Re: Remote Database Server

Subject: Re: Remote Database Server
From: Joe Webb
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 08:09:52 -0600
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
Hi -

You're describing the Remote Database Server Configuration. BOL has a
pretty good section on how to do it.

In a nutshell (this vary a bit depending on if you're using Window
Authentication or SQL Server Authentication), you'll want to:
1) Install SQLNS on the NS machine.
2) Install SQLNS database components on the database server.
3) Configure & Build the NS instance as normal.

In the above description, NS is the machine in which you'll run the NS
instance; the database server is the machine that will host the SQL
Server databases.

In the ICF you'll want to identify the database machine in the
<SqlServerSystem> element.

Joe Webb
SQL Server MVP

Get up to speed quickly with SQLNS