Re: Service Broker and SQL Server Express

Subject: Re: Service Broker and SQL Server Express
From: "Remus Rusanu [MSFT]"
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 14:44:39 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
Yes. If using Service Broker locally, whithin the instance, there are no
restrictions at all. If you want Service Broker to communicate between SQL
instances, then the message has to pass through at least one non-Express
instance. That is, SQL Express can send messages to non-Express edition and
viceversa, but in order to send messages from a SQL Express instance to
another SQL Express instance, the message has to be forwarded by one
non-Express instance (see Service Broker Message Forwarding at )

BTW, note that Service Broker has nothing to do with the Notification
Services feature (since you posted in this NG)

~ Remus Rusanu

SQL Service Broker,SQL.90).aspx

news:[email protected]