Using fields with Text 'datatype'

Subject: Using fields with Text 'datatype'
From: "Yogesh K."
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 09:56:26 +0530
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
Hi,

I have a requriement where the I need to push the information to the "text" field.
When I tried to modify the structure of the events table. It gave me a following error.

C:\SS_Argos_Rakya\NotificationService\ApplicationDefinitionFile\ArgosRAPADF.xml(

508,4): error NS9116: The field type is not valid. Field type must be one of the

 standard SQL Server types but may not be text, ntext, image or sql_variant.

FieldName: RuleSet

FieldType: text

EventClassName: RuleSetEvents

I cannot put varchar or char datatype... as the information can have details more than 4000 characters.
I need the table datatype to be text, so what could be a work around for this.

Regards,
Yogesh kadalgikar