Re: Using fields with Text 'datatype'

Subject: Re: Using fields with Text 'datatype'
From: Joe Webb
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 17:58:20 -0500
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
Yogesh -

As you've already discovered, the Text datatype is not supported in
SQLNS for the reasons that Andy mentioned.

As a workaround, can you send a notification to the remote server that
indicates that it should connect to your instance and pull the text
field across?

There may also be some other/better ways to do this; perhaps DTS, etc?

--
Joe Webb
SQL Server MVP

~~~