Re: SMS ? Pager ?

Subject: Re: SMS ? Pager ?
From: "Vince Sefcik"
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 15:10:14 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
If you don't want to write a custom Delivery Protocol, you can send an SMS
message using one of the free SMS gateways available on the net.  For
example, you can send an SMTP message to (yourcellphonenumber)@teleflip.com
and they will send the e-mail note as an SMS message.  Their web site is
http://www.teleflip.com/teleflip/index.jsp.  There are several other free
SMS gateways around.

I ended my pager service about a month ago, but I had the same capability
with them (Arch wireless).  I could send an e-mail note with my pager number
as the To: field and the paging company would gateway it to my pager.

"tarpan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Hi guys,
>
> How to send a SMS message?
> How to send a message to a pager?
>
> If I send a message to email linked to a cellphone - it works just fine.
But