Re: Confused about encoding for SMTP

Subject: Re: Confused about encoding for SMTP
From: "Brent Horine"
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 09:22:02 -0400
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
I included my ADF file in my first post.  I have since removed the +
CONVERT(nvarchar(30), GETDATE()) from the subject line to try to get this to
work..

SELECT * FROM NSSubscriberDevices (actual email address modified to prevent
spam from newsgroup scavangers)
SubscriberId   DeviceName              DeviceTypeName   DeviceAddress
DeliveryChannelName
Brent Horine   Fastmail Account       SMTP
bhorine_at_fastmail.fm             EmailChannel
Brent Horine   myDevice                  SMTP
bhorine_at_vehiclewatch.com   EmailChannel

I just added a temp Yahoo account.  Each one seems to behave differently,
presumably how the web app formats the page.  Goto www.yahoo.com (you may
have to make sure you get directed to the US version) and click mail.  Login
with id of bhorine2 and a password of tempaccount.  You'll notice that the
body of the alert just consists of "<" but if you click the link "Save
Message Text" and read it in you see the message body but with spaces
between each letter.  This is the case in Notepad with ANSI or utf-8
encoding.  With Unicode you get funny characters again.  I'm really
confused.

Thanks
Brent

news:[email protected]