Set of Subscription Tables to Restore?

From: MarkSW
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 07:24:07 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
I've read Shyam's book and the section on updates possibly failing (p. 576
on).  It mentions two subscription tables that must be restored if a
subscription schema changes.  And that you should in general backup the NS
DB's before any schema-changing update.  But the restore instructions on p.
582 are for restoring the *entire* DB's from the backup instances, which,
after an update, will then lose the update.  And I don't see a complete
accounting of all tables that hold stateful Subscriber and Subscription data
that must be backed up and restored to insure all Subscrptions are preserved
in case of catastrophe.

So, my question. What is the exact set of tables that must be backed up and
retored to guarantee this?

My preferred deployment scenario:
- Back up all necessary Subscriber/Subscription tables
- deploy updated ADF with new schemas
- nscontrol update
- Restore all necessary Subscriber/Subscription tables