Re: Set of Subscription Tables to Restore?

From: "Shyam Pather [MSFT]"
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 14:22:35 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
Mark,
Take a look at the end of page 495/top of page 496 in the book. It describes
how to copy the subscription data out of the old tables into the new after
doing an update.

However, I should point out that there's a pretty serious bug in NS2.0.
While the subscriber tables are properly renamed to
NS<SubscriptionClass>SubscriptionsOld, the related schedules and timezones
tables for scheduled subscriptions are not. This means that unless you
intervene, subscription schedules are lost on update.

We've fixed this problem in the SQL2005 release. However, on NS2.0, you have
to back up the NS<SubscriptionClass>Schedules and
NS<SubscriptionClass>Timezones tables manually and restore the data in them
after the backup.

Hope this helps.
-shyam

--