Re: NS<product>Events not be cleaned down

Subject: Re: NS<product>Events not be cleaned down
From: Joe Webb
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 08:28:22 -0500
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
Hi John -

Thanks for posting the ADF snippet!

Unless you live along the 0 degree line that more or less crosses
Greenwich, England, I don't think the vacuumer is running when you
think it should.

SQLNS keeps time in UTC, formerly known as GMT. To get local time from
UTC time, you need to add or substract a number of hours (depending on
the time zone) to/from the UTC. For example, the Central Standard Time
has a -6 hour offset from UTC. So if you live in say Chicago, you're
actually running the vacuumer at 300pm (2100 - 600 = 1500).

Could that be your issue?

BTW - here's a link to a site that talks about UTC and the offsets.

Joe Webb
SQL Server MVP

Get up to speed quickly with SQLNS

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 06:00:08 -0700, "J" <[email protected]>