Re: Delivery Channels and Protocols

Subject: Re: Delivery Channels and Protocols
From: "kate"
Date: 30 Aug 2005 15:43:26 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
i had another qwik look at DeviceTypeName and i dont think it is tied
to the protocol name as you are assuming (unless someone knows
otherwise) . I think it can be whatever you want regardless of the
protocol name that that channel will use. I havent had a chance to try
it but you should be able to define the icf as you suggest. specify the
xslt paths as

<xsltpath>\MobileSMTPChannel
<xsltpath>\SMTPChannel

when you create the subscription you would define the devicetypename as
either MobileSMTPChannel  or SMTPChannel  and the deliverychannel as
SMTPChannel or MobileSMTPChannel both of which point to the SMTP
protocol

i will try this myself when i get a min.

Kate MBCS

Alert Technologies
http://www.alert-technologies.co.uk
Get your notification services implementation going in minutes not
weeks ......