Re: Set of Subscription Tables to Restore?

From: Joe Webb
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 14:44:56 -0500
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
Hi Mark -

I've have Shyam's book but not in front of me at the moment.

I think you're actually talking about a couple of different scenarios.
First, if you run NSControl and it fails for some reason, you need to
be able to return the database to its prior state. You can do this by
recovering the database from a backup, assuming of course that you
backed up the database prior to attempting the update.

The second scenario is that the update worked, but the subscription
class metadata has changed. In this case, NSControl update renames the
existing table to NS<SubscriptionClass>SubscriptionsOld to preserve
the existing subscription data and creates a new table called
NS<SubscriptionClass>Subscriptions. So you'll need to migrate the
subscription data to the newly created table.

Joe Webb
SQL Server MVP

Get up to speed quickly with SQLNS