UTC time confusion between EM and Query Analyzer

Subject: UTC time confusion between EM and Query Analyzer
From: "dba56"
Date: 23 Sep 2005 10:45:27 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
I am testing Notification Services and the SQL Server Event Provider.
It is working fine.  The only thing that is confusing me is the times
reflected in the NS tables depending on how I query them.

Three events were added at 12:47:52 PM Eastern Time.

When I look at the TimeAdded column of the events log table in EM
(using Open Table -- Return All Rows), the time shown there is 4:47:52.

If I execute a select against the same table in Query Analyzer, the
time in the TimeAdded columns show up as 16:47:52, which is the correct
UTC time and what I expected.

Why is EM not reflecting the correct UTC time? Is there something wrong
with my setup or my EM?

Thanks in advance for any response.