Re: Set of Subscription Tables to Restore?

From: "Andy"
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 07:39:27 -0400
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
What I have done is to copy the data into another table.

The tables that you would be concerned with should be:

<Instance><App> DB tables would be:
NS<Sub Class>Subscription
NOTE: when a schema change is made it will copy the existing table to a
table called NS<Sub Class>SubscriptionOld, if you are just performing an
update to your application. If you have made more than one change to schema,
you must rename or drop the table NS<Sub Class>SubscriptionOld or else the
update will not be able to be applied, it gives you an error saying the
table already exists.

<Instance>NSMain DB tables would be:
NSSubscribers
NSSubscriberDevices

Subscribers and devices should not be affected by schema changes to a
subscription class, only if you delete the instance and recreate it.

I have not been using NS for very long, but what I have explained is my
experience with the product so far. Hope this is helpful.

news:[email protected]