RE: Clean out???

Subject: RE: Clean out???
From: "kate"
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 04:02:01 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
hi dave

i am not quite sure if your problem is a backlog of events that have not
been processed due to the disabled generator or loads of history data for
events that have been processed and have not been vacuumed out.

for the former,

the incoming events are collected into the ns<app>eventbatches table in the
instance database to wait for te generator to start. you could purge this
table to remove the backlog of events. you could also adjust the quantum
clock forward using setquantumclockdate to help it catch up and ignore all
those old unprocessed quantums.

if it is the latter and you just have history data for events that have been
processed and there is so much that the vacuumer is going to run forever then
i would just suggest an overnight job wich runs the vacuumer for short
quantum intervals to remove the history bit by bit.

hope this helps

--
Kate
Alert Technologies