Re: NScontrol service registration fails for no reason aaargh...

Subject: Re: NScontrol service registration fails for no reason aaargh...
From: Joe Webb
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 08:03:52 -0500
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
I haven't experienced this problem myself but I suspect that at a
minimum you'll fill your application log (event viewer) with events
indicating that the perf counters were not accessible.

Can you rebuild the corrupted counters?  Seems like I remember reading
an MSDN article a while back that outlined some steps for doing that.
I don't know if it works or not.

--
Joe Webb
SQL Server MVP