Re: NS API Question

Subject: Re: NS API Question
From: "Andy"
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 12:04:45 -0400
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
Here is what someone posted back from the SQL 2005 newsgroup,
microsoft.private.sqlserver2005.relationalserver.clr:

SQL Server only allows referencing a list of supported framework assemblies
like system.dll, system.data.dll etc. (complete information in SQL Server
Books Online). These are the assemblies you can add reference to by default
in your Visual Studio SQL Server projects. You would see them in SQL Server
tab when you click add reference.
Apart from these, all other assemblies that you wish to reference in your VS
SQL Server project must be registered in the database you have specified for
your project. You can do this using the CREATE ASSEMBLY statement from SQL
Server Management Studio.
Once you register an assembly in the database, it would show up in the SQL
Server tab in add references.

Thanks,
-Vineet Rao.
Microsoft SQL Server