Re: NS API Question

Subject: Re: NS API Question
From: "kate"
Date: 11 Aug 2005 04:30:16 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
>From our experience and what Shyam is saying you certainly dont need
IIS on the SQL box. If you create a webservice round the API elements
that you want and install that on your webserver, you can then call
than from the SQL 2005 assembly via a SOAP call without any need for
the NS or IIS elements to be present on the SQL box. This is how the
Reporting Services SOAP interface works and is very effective.

We have implented a similar strategy for SQL2000 and that works very
well with no need for the SQL box to have even heard of NS.

Kate MBCS

Alert Technologies
http://www.alert-technologies.co.uk
Get your notification services implementation going in minutes not
weeks ......