Re: high CPU usage

Subject: Re: high CPU usage
From: Joe Webb
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 13:21:29 -0500
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
When you start the service after an extended period of time, NS tries
to catch up on the processing it's missed while offline. That can
sometimes cause the CPU to go to 100% for a while.

The errors in the event viewer, though, are more interesting. Can you
shed some more light on what's been happening? How long was the
service stopped? What kind of volume does your system normally handle?

--
Joe Webb
SQL Server MVP

~~~