Problems with SMTP

Subject: Problems with SMTP
From: "Brent Horine"
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 17:55:27 -0400
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
I'm testing on my XP-Pro machine.  I have the Default SMTP Virtual Server
installed.  I have tried various Relay Restrictions including "All except
the list below".  Also tried with and w/o Smart host as
smtp-server.cfl.rr.com, our ISP.  I get the following errors in the
Application Event log every time.  Nothing I seem to do changes the error
messages.  What's wrong?

Event Type: Error
Event Source: NotificationServices
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7301
Date:  8/3/2005
Time:  5:37:16 PM
User:  N/A
Computer: HORINEXP
<NotificationServicesEvent>
 <Description>
  The e-mail address or SMTP server value is not valid.
 </Description>
 <Context>
<EventParameters>
 <Smtp server>HORINEXP</Smtp server>
 <Message recipients>[email protected]</Message recipients>
</EventParameters>

 </Context>
 <Description>
  The specified module could not be found.
 </Description>
 <Instance>TMIAlertsInstance</Instance>
 <Component>Other</Component>
 <ComponentDetails>
ComponentName: SmtpProtocol
 </ComponentDetails>
 <Thread>12</Thread>
</NotificationServicesEvent>

Event Type: Error
Event Source: NotificationServices
Event Category: None
Event ID: 6043
Date:  8/3/2005
Time:  5:37:16 PM
User:  N/A
Computer: HORINEXP
<NotificationServicesEvent>
 <Description>
  A delivery failure was reported.
 </Description>
 <Context>
<EventParameters>
 <Distributor Id>1</Distributor Id>
 <Distributor Name>TMIAlertsDist1</Distributor Name>
 <Delivery Channel Name>EmailChannel</Delivery Channel Name>
 <Notification Id>2</Notification Id>
 <NotificationClassName>OverSpeedNotifications</NotificationClassName>
 <Notification Status Info>The e-mail address or SMTP server value is not
valid.
Smtp server: HORINEXP
Message recipients: [email protected]</Notification Status Info>
 <Notification Text><html>
    snip...snip</body>
 <Notification Sent Time>8/3/2005 9:37:16 PM</Notification Sent Time>
</EventParameters>

 </Context>
 <Instance>TMIAlertsInstance</Instance>
 <ApplicationName>TMIAlerts</ApplicationName>
 <Component>Distributor</Component>
 <ComponentDetails>