Re: Multiple devices for a subscription

From: Joe Webb
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 08:49:59 -0500
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
>However, this still doesn't solve the lack of transaction support with in
>the API,

Agreed, transactional support via the API is something that would be
very useful and I know that MS has it on their wishlist for a future
release - post 2005.

In the meantime...If you're willing to wait for 2005 *and* you're
talking about a simple event driven subscription, you use the new
views to create your subscribers, devices, and subscriptions?
Something like:

INSERT NSInstance.dbo.NSSubscriberView(SubscriberId, Enabled)
VALUES ('[email protected]', 1)

INSERT NSInstance.dbo.NSSubscriberDeviceView (SubscriberId, Enabled,
DeviceName, DeviceTypeName, DeviceAddress, DeliveryChannelName)
VALUES('[email protected]', 1, 'EmailDevice', 'Email',
'[email protected]', 'EmailChannel')

INSERT NSApplication.dbo.NS<SubscriptionClassName>View (SubscriberId,
Enabled, SubscriberDeviceName, SubscriberLocale, PrType)
VALUES ('[email protected]', 1, 'EmailDevice', 'en-us', 1)

You can wrap this up in a transaction or better yet, put them in a
stored procedure with transactional support that your Sub Mgt App can
call.

Note however that you cannot insert scheduled subscriptions or
subscriptions that use condition actions using the
NS<SubscriptionClassName>View view.

HTH....

--
Joe Webb