Re: NS API Question

Subject: Re: NS API Question
From: "andyjax"
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 03:41:01 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
My thought was how to get the API's to be called from an assembly in SQL
2005. If you try to set a reference to the NS API, then it won't let you. You
have to completely build the class yourself in a DB project, or reference
another DB project that has assemblies you want use.

We will end up needing to install IIS on the SQL box, yuck - but will do for
our dev environment only, or just want to install NS client components until
.Net 2.0 is released later this year.

I will post in a SQL 2005 to see if there is just a limitation for the June
CTP we are running using BETA 2 VS.

Thanks Shyam, I am amazed at home must information you put in your NS book.
Like anything you read it does not make sense completely until you are ready
to implement a section, then it is just a matter of remembering where the
information is in your book. Again, great job! Anyone getting started with NS
needs to have this book in their library.