Re: Posting events from different machine

Subject: Re: Posting events from different machine
From: Joe Webb
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2005 06:01:07 -0500
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
Yogesh -

1) Install the SQLNS client components on the remote box. This puts
NSControl, etc on that box. For v2.0 SP1, the client components are
part of the normal SQLNS setup. Just start the SQLNS setup on the
remote box and select client components at the appropriate screen.

2) Register the instance on the remote box using NSControl register;
specify the remote server name in the -server argument.

HTH...

--
Joe Webb
SQL Server MVP