Re: NScontrol service registration fails for no reason aaargh...

Subject: Re: NScontrol service registration fails for no reason aaargh...
From: "kate"
Date: 19 Aug 2005 13:43:43 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
hi joe,

we have been investigating this one, and we believe the server (running
SBS) is suffering from a known corruption problem of the performance
counters which is preventing any app from creating new counters. When
we come to register the new NS app we think that it is encountering
this problem and failing because of it.

We can work around the error return from nscontrol (create a temporary
msi that ignores thet return code) and let the build continue with no
performance counters existing, do you think we will get any further
errors when we come to run NS.

Just how dependant is it on the counters?

can we tell nscontrol to build without counters?

Kate MBCS

Alert Technologies
http://www.alert-technologies.co.uk
Get your notification services implementation going in minutes not
weeks ......