Re: Pause/Continue distribution, content formatting or delivering.

Subject: Re: Pause/Continue distribution, content formatting or delivering.
From: Joe Webb
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 11:53:59 -0500
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
Hi Roman -

A couple of possibilities come to mind:

1) Depending on your Event Provider, you could alter the how the
events are recognized to prevent the submission of the unwanted
events. For example, if you're using the SQL Server Event Provider,
you can base it on a view that unions together all of the events you
want to recognize. When you need to stop on type of event for a while,
just comment it out of the view. For example:

SELECT Site_ID, Site_Info FROM MyTable WHERE Site_ID = 1
UNION
SELECT Site_ID, Site_Info FROM MyTable WHERE Site_ID = 2
UNION
SELECT Site_ID, Site_Info FROM MyTable WHERE Site_ID = 3
UNION
SELECT Site_ID, Site_Info FROM MyTable WHERE Site_ID = 4

2) You can reactively catch the unwanted notifications in a custom
content formatter and disregard it based upon some criteria that you
set.

Of course I think proactively catching them ahead of time (option #1)
is better. It's more efficient and allows you to resubmit them later
if need be.

HTH...

--
Joe Webb