Re: Restarting NS$AppName service?

Subject: Re: Restarting NS$AppName service?
From: "Shyam Pather [MSFT]"
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 11:09:13 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
Scott,
In addition to what Joe say's below, you can also define an expiration age
for notifications. If notifications are generated, but not delivered due to
the service being down, the expiration age determines whether the
distributor will pick them up and deliver them when the service is
restarted. Notifications older than the expiration age will be discarded,
those newer will be delivered as normal.

To be clear, the settings Joe mentions deal with the processing of old
events to generate notifications; the notification expiration age deals with
the processing of old notifications that have already been generated.

BTW, the name of the service is NS$[InstanceName], not NS$[AppName].
-shyam

--
Learn more about SQL-NS: