Re: Multiple events

Subject: Re: Multiple events
From: Joe Webb
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 12:11:03 -0500
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
Hi Yogesh -

>I have a requirement I would need the NS to process multiple events.
No problem. SQLNS can have multiple events coming from multiple event
providers. You can even have multiple event providers submitting
events into the same eventclass if you'd like (ie FileSystemWatcher
and SQL Server Event Provider into the same EventClass)

>There would be different subscription for every different event.
Okay.

>But the notification remains same.
The same notification class for all subscriptions? In the schema for
the NotificationClass, you're going to need to define a field for each
piece of information from every subscription class that will generate
notifications. This means the the notify function will have those
fields as arguments and that each subscription class will have to
submit the relevant data and stuff non-relevant fields with place
holders.

>The notification will go to a single subscriber.
The application that you've mentioned in another post?

>Can I configure this on a Notification Service?
I haven't set this up myself, but I don't see why not.

HTH...

--
Joe Webb
SQL Server MVP