Subject: Queries
From: "Yogesh K."
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 15:15:14 +0530
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs

I am working on a project where

SQL Server Notifications as a major part of my exploration.

There are some practical difficulties I am facing in business implementation. I would want to discuss with you.  I would be really thankful if you could help me with this.

I have NS implemented.

It is presently configured to receive single set of events. The events do not have any condition. Say when I am implementing my subscription rule. I have no way to provide any trigger value as on what basis NS is going to process the events and generate the Notifications.

  • I just want the NS to process each event I pass and I should get a notification with the same values.

The subscriber here is a different application which is going to receive the notification. I need to develop a custom delivery protocol which will fill in the needs to the destination subscriber. My problem here, now say if the subscriber crashed and I have still events coming from Source. Notifications will be generated and will be posted to subscriber. Now the subscriber is not in a position to receive the events.

How will I handle this scenario, Is there anyway I can know the subscriber no longer exists. Or is there a way where I can send him the events since the time he had crashed.

Waiting for your earliest response.

Yogesh Kadalgikar