Re: NotificationsDeliveryNotAttempted?

Subject: Re: NotificationsDeliveryNotAttempted?
From: Scott
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 20:48:10 -0600
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
> Well, at this point it would appear our custom formatter is working fine.
> We added very detailed logging and we can see the formatter and the
> delivery components both starting and finishing successfully.  It just
> seems that for some reason they stop being called before all the
> notifications are delivered.  It does retry in a bit and picks up where it
> left off, but then stops again.  It seems that it gets about 2000
> notifications delivered in each cycle.  It seems that it makes 4 attempts
> and then finally stops cycling, thus 4 attempts x 2000 per attempt = approx
> 8000 successfully delivered.  We are at a loss right now...?
> Scott

We think we found it...  Our <WorkItemTimeout> value was set to 10 min and
we think it was just hitting that wall.  We bumped it to 12 hours for
overkill, and so far the job is still running, so we're hopeful.

One thought... we never found any messages in the event log indicating that
the WorkItemTimeout had expired.  It would be nice if that would show up in
the log... could have saved us this detective work.