Re: Custom Formatter: Initialize and Close methods

Subject: Re: Custom Formatter: Initialize and Close methods
From: "Shyam Pather [MSFT]"
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 11:48:00 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.notificationsvcs
Hello,
Initialize and Close on content formatters are called once per notification
batch per delivery channel i.e. to distribute 1 notification batch over 3
delivery channels, there will be 3 pairs on Initialize/Close calls.

If you're seeing one Initialize()/Close() sequence per notification, it
might be that each notification is in a batch by itself. This could happen,
depending on how you've configured your application, but is probably not
what you want. If you post your ADF, I can try to take a look.

Your strategy for caching the large text field across many notifications is
sound - many applications I know of use a similar strategy.
-shyam

--
Learn more about SQL-NS:
news:[email protected]